- Blade material: 1085C High-carbon tool steel
- Edge type: serrated
- Handle material: thermoplastic rubber with textured panels
- Overall length: 13.50 inch
- Blade style: drop point
- Employs the savage cutting power of a traditional Filipino barong in a leaner, more versatile package
- Tremendous reach and chopping power OR controlled cutting, trapping, and back cutting
- Blade length of 8.600" and an overall length of 13.500"
- 1085C high-carbon tool steel blade
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes
Tatang is a tagalog term of address reserved for only the most feared and respected martial artists. In Honor of this proud warrior TRADITION, BLACKHAWK! has made a knife that distills the savage cutting power of the traditional filipino barong into a smaller, more versatile package. When gripped at the rear of the pistol-grip-style, thermoplastic rubber handle, the weight-forward balance of the tatang’s black epoxy-coated 1085c tool-steel blade gives it tremendous reach and chopping power. Choking up on the Integral subhilt shifts the balance back for more controlled cutting, trapping, and back cutting with the sharpened false edge. Designed by edged-weapons expert Michael janich, this incredible knife comes complete with a reinforced ballistic nylon sheath.